Christmas Break. Two whole weeks with the sons without schedules or commitments. In true son’ style we made the second week a giant movie marathon. We watched one each day, and one each night. It was great qt snuggled up with my favorite guys. We enjoyed re-watching some of our long-time family favorites and found some new gems to add to our collection along the way. A week long double feature movie marathon meant a whole lot of popcorn. Who wants to watch a movie without munchies? After day 2, plain popcorn wasn’t cutting it. We decided to ‘spice’ it up. This meant a whole lot of experimenting with spices and new popcorn ideas. It was amazing. We might even have a new tradition on our hands. Each movie became it’s own unique experience with everyone looking forward to the ‘special’ popcorn. This week I will be sharing our new favorites that we found. Today is Cheddar Chili Popcorn, and it’s pretty darn tasty.
Plain old buttered popcorn is out. Gourmet, flavored popcorn is in.
Cheddar Chili Popcorn
recipe adapted from Clarks Condensed
8 cups popped popcorn
5 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tbsp nacho cheddar popcorn powder seasoning
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1. Separate kernels from popcorn, and place popcorn in a large bowl.
2. Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl.
3. Mix the cheddar powder, chili powder, and mustard powder with the butter.
4. Slowly pour the butter mixture over the popcorn, shaking the popcorn as you do it so one spot doesn’t get overly saturated.
5. Let the popcorn cool about thirty minutes before serving.