As if a classic case of the Mondays wasn’t hard enough to to beat already, it’s also rainy. And it’s supposed to be rainy for most of the week. Talk about a lack-luster start to the week. But I’m not letting that stop me from bringing you this snack recipe.
I know, I know, such dedication. I mean it, I’m putting off my nap for it 😉 I kid, kinda.
These are everything you love about jalapeño poppers, but cleverly tucked into a mini fried egg roll shell. Talk about having a surprise hidden inside!
They’re creamy, they’re cheesy, bacony, and spicy with just the right amount of crunch. These are great party appetizers, and they’re also great grub for game day.
Crispy Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 green onions, finely sliced
1 package wonton wrappers
canola oil, for frying
- In a large skillet or medium-large pot, heat the oil to 350 degrees.
2. Stir together the cream cheese, cheddar, jalapeño peppers, garlic powder and green onions until evenly combined.
3. Place each wonton wrapper diagonally (like a diamond) and add 1 tablespoon of filling. Brush a little bit of water on the edge of the wrapper and fold in half pinching to seal. Fold the sides in and roll the egg roll ensuring it is completely sealed.
4. Drop each egg roll into the hot oil for about 3 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
5. Remove the fried eggrolls to paper towels to drain. Let them rest about 5 minutes before serving.
recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies
Like this idea? Be sure to check out these other fun egg roll ideas!
Crispy Homemade Egg Rolls with Sesame Ginger Dipping Sauce
Mac & Cheese Egg Rolls with Ham or Bacon
Southwestern Egg Roll Dip with Crispy Wonton Chips
I love this idea, and it was fun to see your other creative eggrolls, too! I can’t wait to try the Jalapeno Popper ones, though! And of course, thanks for sharing this to Throwback Thursday!!
We love Jalapeno Poppers and egg rolls but how brilliant to marry the two together!!!! my sons would call that a perfect meal. Love the other flavors too, especially the Mac N Cheese! Thanks for another tasty contribution to FF Meghan!
Jalapeno Poppers – I love them. I have tried them before in a restaurant and I loved them. These look so good.
Jalapeno poppers are an absolute favorite! Do you think these could be made ahead and reheated? Great party dish.