Another year’s come and gone, and want to say thank you to each and everyone of you guys for supporting this little hobby of mine. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it, and getting to know you all. It’s always fun to look back on the previous year and take stock. I’ve always enjoyed seeing which recipes turned out to be keepers for the family and fan favorites, and which ones were more blah or meh. It’s even more fun to watch and see what you guys like, and come back for seconds on. Because of that, I decided I’d take a look back and then list 4 Sons TOP TEN recipes from 2014. Boy, did you guys pick some good ones!!
And, because they’re what make my world go round, and the # 1 reason I’m in the kitchen so often, an updated picture of all 4 Sons. In one place. At one time. Getting ALONG. I’m not holding my breathe though, it was probably just a Christmas miracle. 😉
So, without further adieu …
Our Top 10 Most Popular Recipes of 2014
Counting down to #1:
10. Mexican Chicken Spaghetti : Spice up your regular spaghetti by giving it an easy, creamy, cheesy Mexican twist. This version is a 4 Sons’ fan & family hit.
9. Hamburger Steak with Onions & Gravy : Also known as Salisbury Steak, this easy, classic skillet dish is one of our favorite ways to ‘dress up’ a ground beef patty. Your ground beef has never looked better than smothered in onions and gravy!
8. Sauteed Garlic Teriyaki Green Beans : While Grandma’s beans, you know the ones that cooked forever, with diced onions and a ham bone thrown in are still a family favorite, you’re gonna want to add at least one more recipe to your green bean repertoire. These beans are great, and so’s the Asian inspired flavor, AND they’re a nice change-up from the classic.
7. Copy-Cat Arby’s Beef & Cheddar : Pony Up! Well, Arby’s Pony Sauce up, anyway. What if we told you that you could dine on an Arby’s Roast Beef ‘n Cheddar Classic at home? Serve this sandwich with a side of curly fries and get your fast food fix any day all while cutting your costs and your calories.
6. Fast & Easy Refrigerator Pickles : Love the taste and that perfect briny crunch of a homemade pickle? Never in your wildest dream considered making your own because of the whole process involved? Let’s introduce your to refrigerator pickles. Refrigerator, that’s the key, and that screams quick and easy. There’s no need for steamers, special sterilized jars, or vacuum-tight lids. Plus, unlike store-bought pickles, these scrumptious homemade pickles are low in sodium. Quick! Make your own salty, crunchy kosher dill pickles in this simple salt and vinegar brine.
5. Mexican Rice : This Mexican Rice recipe makes an awesome pilaf style rice complete with that characteristic reddish/orange color, and perfectly flavored with onion, garlic, and spices. Notice I don’t claim this recipe is ‘authentic’? It probably isn’t, but it is damn good. It makes a perfect side dish to serve with your favorite Mexican or Tex Mex style entrees. We’ve actually found we like it so much better than the rice usually served when we dine out. No more dumping sour cream, queso, or salsa on my rice and trying to give it a flavor boost.
4. Stuffed French Bread : This giant twist on your average sub-sandwich is great. A quick & easy, ready-in-under-30-minutes meal, that’s every inch of sandwich perfection. Crisp on the outside, hearty and tender on the inside! And we’ve even included recipes for two different versions– regular stuffed french bread, or try the Swiss mushroom one!
3. Crockpot Pizza Dip : Easy dips, especially those that can be made ahead of time in the crockpot, are the best. This crockpot pizza dip? Well it’s the best of the best. Serve this recipe during game time, at parties or on a cold night and you’re guaranteed to have some very satisfied customers.
2. Breakfast Enchiladas : We love all things breakfast, and these enchiladas are one of our favorites to enjoy for just about any meal. Who said breakfast foods are only for the breakfast meal?! They’re totally easy, and pretty darn cheap to make, but they’re so tasty and they’ll fill your family up at whichever meal you serve them be it breakfast, brunch, dinner, or (what the heck) even lunch.
1. Zucchini Fritters with Chili Lime Mayo : The first thing I thought when I tried these ‘fritters’ was how much they tasted like the zucchini version of potato latkes (potato pancakes). This recipe is easy and they taste crazy good, especially with the addition of the chili lime dipping sauce. It was so popular here that the hubs made them twice in one day and there were none left. None!
After taking a look back, it sure was a satisfying year. And 2015– you’ve got some pretty big shoes (or would that be oven mitts?) to fill. Here’s to hoping that you’re up to the challenge!