I love making little holiday themed treats for the sons for snack, and today they came home from school to mummies on a stick. They enjoyed the sugar rush, and they couldn’t have been any easier to make. I love how they turned out!
Aren’t these just adorable?! I can’t help but enjoy it even more when the cute treats are made with everyday products. These are made with frosted twinkes. Who doesn’t love a twinkie?! Put it on a stick, add a frosting coating and a few embellishments and BAM … a super cute Halloween treat!
I can’t get over it. I mean, how fun are these?
Halloween. TWINKIE. MUMMY. POPS?!
Son # 4 was thrilled. He got even more excited when he found out he’d be making his own.
It’s not too late to whip up a few for your own little monster(s).
cake pop, or lollipop, sticks
1. Place the snack cakes in the freezer for 30 minutes or as long as needed so the snack cake is firm.
2. Stick the wooden craft stick in the the snack cake at the bottom. So the snack cake will be vertical on the stick.
3. Frost the Twinkie by covering the front and sides of the snack cake in icing. If you are doing this for a class activity, give each child a paper plate and plastic knife. Have them cover their own snack cake in frosting. No need to cover the back. Just a light coat of frosting is needed
4. We used a rolling pin to flatten the stackermallows. If need be, use powdered sugar to prevent sticking. Using kitchen scissors cut the flattened marshmallow into strips (three strips per marshmallow). If kids will be making these, cut the strips for them. The marshmallow strips will be used as the “rags” of the mummy.
5. Overlap the marshmallow strips on the frosted snack cake at different angles for a wrapped look. If need be, use the icing to “glue” the marshmallows that overlap each other onto the snack cakes. Place the eyes directly on with the icing. Cover the eyes slightly with the marshmallow strips.
THese are adorable! Happy FF! I’m going to have to make these tonight!
These are just adorable!
Pingback: Loaded Pumpkin Waffles | Fiesta Friday #40 | The Novice Gardener
What a perfect Halloween treat. These are so adorable. 😀 Thanks for bringing some at today’s FF. Happy weekend. 🙂
very very beautiful! thanks for sharing!
They are soooo cute! Thanks a lot for being at the party!