So in my head I had this pegged for a meatless Monday meal post, buuuuut Monday was Memorial Day, and you totally know how it is when all those cookout invites from family & friends get in the way of reason and productivity. Tortellini Tuesday? Totally a thing (at least for today).
All star, and easy to follow, this meal was right up our alley.
Creamy Tortellini with spinach & tomatoes
recipe adapted from Bomb Shell Bling
1 lb cheese tortellini
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup chopped fresh spinach
1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon onion flakes
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Begin by boiling your tortellini noodles until they are al dente (aka ready). Follow the directions on the package for boiling time.
2. While the tortellini is boiling, roughly chop the spinach.
3. Heat a large skillet using medium heat and put the two minced garlic into it. Sautee it briefly until fragrant, about thirty seconds or so.
4. Add into the skillet the petite diced tomatoes (undrained), spinach, salt, pepper, dried basil, and onion flakes.
5. Cook and stir over medium high heat until the mixture begins to bubble.
6. In another bowl, combine the flour and half-and-half. Whisk until fairly smooth.
7. Add the creamy mixture into the the skillet along with the parmesan cheese.
8. Heat through and reduce the heat to medium low and continue to stir and cook until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
9. Add the drained tortellini and mix together gently.
10. Serve and enjoy!
This looks and sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Thanks, Laurie 🙂
Linked at: http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/2014/05/full-plate-thursday-5-29-14.html
very nice indeed! thanks to bringing it to the party at FF18!
Pingback: Going Vegetarian for Fiesta Friday #18 | The Novice Gardener
Oh my!!! This is my kind of pasta! I wouldn’t mind having more than one serving of this! Looks so delish! Thank you for bringing this to FF18! 🙂 Happy weekend!
I like the idea of Tortellini Tuesday! And the pasta sounds absolutely delicious! 😀
I can’t wait to make this, it looks and sounds wonderful. Love the ingredients! 🙂
Your Creamy Tortellini looks delicious, a great dish! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
I just wanted to let you know I actually made this tonight for my guys. We all LOVED it. Followed the recipe exactly, except we did use fat free half and half. You’d never know the difference, it was delicious. Many thanks for a fantastic recipe that I’m sure I’ll be asked to make again. 🙂