Has anyone else had colds, fevers, and just all-out sickness invade their home and family recently? We’ve finally fought off the ick, but for a solid week it rampaged through our house and no one was spared. Even know when we’re all technically ‘well’, we’re still physically recovering. We’ve pretty much decided we’ll be couch potatoes this weekend while we recuperate. A cup of piping hot hot-chocolate was just what the doctor ordered to help lift our spirits.
This is so easy to make and by-far the richest, creamiest, most-chocolaty hot chocolate I’ve ever had. It’s perfect for fighting the blues, or even just to knock the Winter chill off. None of that pre-packaged stuff will ever give us our fix again. The cute little coolwhip toppers are the perfect little addition too. Between the frigid temps, coughs and colds, and post-Christmas stupor this is the perfect little pick-me-up.
Crockpot Hot Chocolate (with Cool-Whip toppers)
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk, or 1 1/4 cup homemade condensed milk
6 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
For Cool Whip Toppers
1 small tub of cool whip
shallow baking dish
1. Stir together the whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips in a crockpot.
2. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted. Stir again before serving. Garnish as desired.
Cool Whip Toppers
1. Evenly spread thawed cool whip into an 8×8 or 9×9 inch baking dish. Set in freezer and allow to freeze for at least 2-3 hours.
2. When re-frozen, remove the cool whip from freezer. Using cookie cutters, cut shapes out. Use a butter knife to gently remove the shapes away from any excess cool whip.
3. Gently place shape on top of a mug of hot cocoa and enjoy.