Do your kids love pancakes? Mine sure do. Coincidentally, pancakes were also one of the first things we taught them how to help us, and help themselves, make. When I heard ‘pizza pancakes’ I was intrigued. When I saw the recipe, I was inspired! All 4 Sons got in on the action. This delicious little hybrid was a fun new twist and a real treat for the kids. Pizza pancakes and it’s cast of characters are now set for a recurring role on our family’s dinnertime menu.
recipe adapted from Plain Chicken
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pepperoni, diced
- 1 cup sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- pizza sauce, warmed
- Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- In a large bowl combine the biscuit mix, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Combine eggs and milk. Stir the wet ingrediets into the dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in the cheese, pepperoni, sausage and mushrooms, if using.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cup-fuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top and continue cooking until the seconds side is golden brown.
- Serve with warmed pizza sauce and Parmesan cheese.