The boys all look forward to having this for dessert when we come home from the orchard, and this year was no different. I love how easy this is to prepare and how it takes advantage both of the fantastic prices on fresh picked apples, but also the sales on candy in anticipation of Halloween. Cheap and easy? That’s my kind of dessert! Inundated with apples after an orchard trip? Trying to find recipes to use to take advantage of the awesome fall prices at the grocery store? If you’re looking for something different to do with all those apples, be sure to give Snickers Salad a try.
Caramel Apple Snickers Salad
- 5-6 full-size snickers candy bars
- 4 medium apples, we used Crispin
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding mix, dry
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 16 oz tub of cool whip, thawed to room temp
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping or syrup
- In a bowl add pudding, milk, and cool whip. Stir until evenly combined.
- Chop up snickers and apples into bite-sized pieces.
- Stir the snickers and apples into the pudding mixture until evenly combined.
- Pour the snickers salad into a serving dish and drizzle with the caramel topping.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.