I’m always on the lookout for new things to do with ground beef. I buy two 6 lb packages of lean ground beef each month from Costco. One gets divided into 1lb packages to freeze and use for meals. The other gets divided and made into meatloaf and meatballs. My boys love meatballs with their spaghetti. They love meatball subs. But, that’s about as adventurous as they were willing to be when it came to the sacred ‘meatball’. That was until this recipe. They loved it. The sweet and sour sauce was rich and delicious. I love it when I can get fruit into any meal. They devoured it and asked for more.
These are by far, the BEST crock pot meatballs I’ve ever had. They’re simple. They’re easy. They’re filling. AND they’re budget friendly! All of which made this recipe a keeper for a busy Mom with a boat-load of growing boys to feed.
Really, this is a must try. No longer are meatballs only for Italian-style dishes. Or the typical, tried and true, bland crock pot ‘cocktail’ style recipes that have been done countless times before.
Crockpot Hawaiian Meatballs
recipe from Six Sisters’ Stuff
- 32 oz of pre-packaged frozen meatballs or about 2 lbs of frozen, homemade meatballs
- 13.5 oz can of unsweetened pineapple chunks, drain and reserve juice
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Place meatballs in crock pot and top with green pepper and drained pineapple chunks.
- In a separate bowl, mix reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Pour sauce over meatballs, pineapple and green peppers.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
Pingback: The Best Meatballs | 4 Sons 'R' Us