In the rush of everyday life with a large family, and four children, there isn’t always time for a lot of relaxation. Usually just stolen moments. Even my showers have had to become ‘efficient’. However, on the weekends when the kids are in bed, I love to enjoy a nice, long soak in the tub. One of my creature comforts, despite budget constraints, has always been expensive bath products. I frequently use scented ones to create my own little atmosphere of peace and tranquility. It’s this wonderful little private bubble, where for a chunk of time, I don’t have any obligations or demands to meet. Something about the scented steam, just does it for me in the ‘reclaim a piece of my sanity’ department after a chaotic week. While I used to frequent kitschy stores and purchase the latest fragrant combinations to induce my ‘me time’. I’ve gradually shifted to making more and more of my own bath products. As I’ve found to be true with the majority of things, I like the results from this homemade version better than other’s I’ve purchased over the years toting the same ingredients. These bath salts are a breeze to mix up, and are heavenly to use. Just a few ingredients, and you can easily, and cheaply, produce your own affordable, quality bath salts. Make your reservations today for a little ‘spa’ treatment in the comfort of your own home.
Lemon Rosemary Bath Salts
- 2 cups epsom salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 2-3 tbsp fresh rosemary; finely chopped
- 6-8 drops lemon essential oil
- 2-3 tbsp lemon zest (optional)
- In a bowl, combine epsom salt and baking soda.
- Add in half of the essential oil drops, mix, then add in the remaining drops.
- Mix in the chopped rosemary and lemon zest if you decide to use it until fully combined.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To use, add as much, or as little, as you’d like to hot bath water and stir around until dissolved.