Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids! And, as Kim, at Cravings of Lunatic, so eloquently put it, “and moms…and teenagers…and hubbies…and demon spawn puppies! TRIX ARE FOR EVERYONE! Change your motto Trix, it’s a new era. Silly rabbit!” Keeping this in mind, the boys and I decided Trix were even for little monsters. My youngest’s last birthday party, his 3rd, was monster-themed and we made these ‘Monster Bars’ as one of the items for all the guests, and other little monsters, at his party to enjoy. They were a huge hit. With Monster Inc. 2, Monsters University, hitting theaters this weekend, the boys and I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to celebrate seeing the new movie this evening, by ‘pre-gaming’ with some ‘Monster Bars.’ Whether you’re seeing the new movie soon, or have some little monsters of your own, you just can’t go wrong with a delicious Monster Bar.
- 1 14 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 10 cups Trix cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- cooking spray
- In a pot on the stove, melt butter and marshmallows, stirring constantly until both are melted and evenly combined.
- Meanwhile, add the Trix to a large bowl, gently coated in non-stick cooking spray.
- When the butter and marshmallows have melted and been evenly combined, remove from heat and pour them over the Trix cereal.
- Using a spatula, also coated in cooking spray, stir the Trix and marshmallows together until evenly combined.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 baking dish and press them down flat using your coated spatula.
- Let them sit for about 30 minutes to allow everything to set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.