I always have ground beef on hand. I get the best bang for my buck on lean ground beef by purchasing it in bulk at Costco. I come home and package it in meal sized portions, and then store it in the freezer. Knowing I’ve always got ground beef on-hand ready to defrost for supper, I’m always on the lookout for something ‘new’ to do with it. When I found this Six Sisters’ recipe and tried it, it was amazing! Simple, easy, and satisfying anytime I’m craving those ‘Asian’ food flavors. Save money, and forgo ordering out. Make your own meal, at home, tonight and still get your fix.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 -1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- basmati rice, cooked according to package directions
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the ground beef, with the garlic, in the sesame oil.
- Drain most of the fat.
- Add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt, pepper, and crushed red peppers.
- Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors.
- Serve over cooked rice and garnish with green onions.