Do you ever have those days, or nights, where there just don’t seem to be enough hours in the day? Here you were getting off work, helping with homework, tidying the house with hours to spare until dinner when all of a sudden you check the clock and it’s already almost time to sit down at the table? Happens to me all too often. Just for those nights I like to have a list of quick, easy meals that use ingredients I always have on time. Especially on those nights, rushing to get a hearty meal on the table, a meal that makes minimal mess is essential. One Pot Spaghetti, wish it’s special secret ingredient, is at the top of my list. It’s easy to throw together, and has a to die for taste that will impress even the most traditional spaghetti lovers. From the time you begin, you can be seated at the table with your family enjoying an un-rushed conversation over a hearty, hot meal in less than 30 minutes.
One Pot Spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef (or sausage)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 oz spaghetti, whole or broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- In a Dutch Oven, or a large pot, brown the meat with the onion. Drain.
- Add garlic and let cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add broth, spaghetti sauce, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti and reduce heat.
- Cook covered 17-20 minutes, or until the noodles are al dente, stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
You will never want to cook spaghetti the old way again. It’s incredibly tasty, and one pot makes clean up a breeze.