Any of you with teenage boys, really boys of any age, will understand it when I say that my kids are always hungry. Always. If you didn’t know better, their appetites would give you the impression that they hadn’t seen a good meal in who knows how long. Anytime, day or night, they’re ready for a meal or two. To their great dismay, in between regular meals they have to settle for a snack. Have you been to the grocery stores lately? Snacks are seriously expensive and prices seem to climb higher every week. In an effort to keep my food costs down, and also to keep my four hungry monsters at bay, I try to find affordable alternatives I can make myself. I had stumbled onto this recipe on allrecipes and it looked incredibly easy, yet bursting with flavor, so I knew I had to give it a go. I struck gold! Not only did my boys love it, my husband also heartily approved. It’s since become a regularly recurring snack selection and a game day and party request. This recipe is a crowd-pleaser. For my guys, because they’re full again. For me, because they’re full and that didn’t require hours spent in the kitchen, a hole in my wallet, or leave me utterly exhausted.
- 1 gallon ziplock bag
- 1 box of saltine crackers, 16 oz
- 1 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 envelopes ranch dressing mix
- 2 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add oil, ranch, red pepper, garlic, onion, and black pepper. Seal bag.
- Using your hands mix ingredients around together until evenly combined.
- Add crackers to the bag. Seal again.
- Turn the bag over several times to coat crackers with the spice mix.
- Lay the bag flat and let it sit for about an hour
- Turn the bag over, repeating several times until the crackers are thoroughly coated with the spice mix.
- Allow the bag to sit overnight.
- Remove the crackers from the bag and serve.
Going to make these this weekend! I know Brent will love them for sure!
Thanks for one’s marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you happen to
be a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and may come back sometime soon. I want to encourage you continue your
great posts, have a nice evening!
Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
I think that you could do with a few pics to drive
the message home a bit, but other than that, this is magnificent blog.
A great read. I will definitely be back.